WMAFO is an all-volunteer organization. None of our board members, officers or foster homes are paid for their work. To continue our work we need volunteers to help out in many areas.
We always need:
- Foster homes for adoptable and unadoptable ferrets
- Ferret-knowledgeable people to run adoption and education days at local petstores
- Fundraising assistance, including talented sewers, crocheters, knitters, and jewelry artists to help make items to sell at ferret shows and other events
- Chauffers to drive our ferrets to the vet, pick up from animal shelters and run general errands for the rescue
- Administrative help (data entry, bookkeeping, answering email and phone calls, etc.)
- Artists and graphic designers to make signs, t-shirts and other promotional items for the organization
- Petsitters willing to ferret-sit in their own homes or in clients homes and donate the proceeds to the organization
- Contributors to our newsletter, editors and layout assistance for publishing our online newsletter
Most of these jobs can be done from your own home and require only a few hours of your time each week or month. To sign up to help with any of these tasks or in any other way you would like to help, please fill out our Volunteer Application form.